Friday, March 14, 2008

Dinner with Friends

Over the past few weeks, I have had the great pleasure of spending my nights off at friends dinner parties. The first party was about 3 weeks ago when Shatterproof initiated the tradition because he wanted to show off his phat new crib.
He made fantastic fajitas and as an added surprise he invited the Southern Belles over as well.

The Southern Belles returned the favor the next week by preparing a succulent pot roast and 'bixits' as Mr. Smiley Southern Belle calls them.



This week I had the distinct honor to spend the evening in Deep Shaw with Kansas City Chief and Blackjack.

The starter was KCC's Famous Guacamole and chips, he really has a knack for that stuff.
Now, KCC knows mine and Blackjack's deep love for all things Chorizo, so he researched the interweb for recipes that featured the savory, spicy treat. He found a Brazilian Dish called Feijoada that is traditionally served with beef tongue, but he wisely made a substitution with stewed beef and he cut out about an hour or twos worth of cooking by doing so. The Brazilian stew was garnished with an orange and accompanied by a salad with buttery green and red leaf lettuce, hearts of palm, tomato, avocado and buffalo mozzarella cheese. I'm not a big salad eater, but I went for seconds with this one.
We polished off our dinner and in lieu of desserts, since we are not big sweet eaters, had after dinner cocktails. I'm sure I don't have to tell you what those consisted of.

All in all it was a great evening. I really enjoy my time with my friends and I really enjoy hanging out with them on their turf and not always on a barstool. Thanks to all of you who invite me into your lovely homes. I know this post won't get me a ticket to the A-List Gay's Lavish Dinner Parties, but I have a damn good time dining with the C-Listers.

Now that I think about it, someone has been promising me a Muffaleta party. Hint. Hint.

Obrigado eu te amo amigos!!!

3 comments:

BoSox Siobhan said...

First Kitty will eat your Brazilian food, even if he has to kill you to get to it.

BloodKillerDeathMan said...

I see two people, and one, two, three, four, five, six beers. No wait, one of those is olive oil. Good times

Rajeev said...

For shame! I can't believe you called me out like that. Just so you know, all those other meals were just practice for the perfect dinner for you and your "c-list" friends, who are really all on my a-list.