Sunday, July 20, 2008

Escape from Peril!

Well kids, I made it back to civilization in one piece despite Kansas City Red's persistent pleas to keep me in the woods one more day. Thank goodness I left because this is what I would have encountered; a RATTLESNAKE!! I love nature but not when it threatens me. I had a blast in the woods. Many thanks to my guest blogger KCR; our camping coordinator and Grillmaster, Blackjack; The NOLA Housemaker for his efficient packing skills and cool gadgets (Friend, I can't stress the importance of a camping chair. While a color coated mess kit and a flammable $50 pillow is cute and all, a chair might make your stay a little more pleasurable.) And last but not least, thank you Barton Stanley for your courageous effort in reporting the previous skinhead camper's vandalism of our campsite; who needs Ghost Stories when you have a swastika staring you in the face while you eat? *shiver. What a blast see you for Camp Your Ass/Pants/Face Off!
Details to follow.

Did I mention I got to drive the Jeep? Aww yeah! It's a stick shift. I worked that beeznotch. and NOT in a dirty way.

1 comment:

Vespa Jay said...

WTF - Skinhead vandalism? Perhaps an alternate location should be researched for future adventures. While it was hopefully just stupid & uneducated kids who will end up damned to a life of misery and poverty, it is not a comfortable thought, and never right.