Wednesday, November 5, 2008

YES WE DID!!!

AH-MAY-ZING!!! America, you have your First New Black President!! What are you going to do now?! I am so full of emotion, awe, and amazement that I don't even know what to do. I am witnessing history right now. At 11:00pm EST, CNN Projected that Barack Obama was the new Presidential Elect!!! I literally went outside and ran the streets when they made the announcement (at the same time screaming into the phone to my Mom). I went out and fist bumped people, hugged strangers and thanked random folk for doing their part. People were so welcoming and so excited. I feel so blessed, privileged and lucky to be part of this historical moment. The picture above does not do this moment justice. This is a 3 block stretch of U Street where everyone is celebrating. 40 years ago there were riots in this same exact spot. I don't even want to think about what would have happened if he lost. Thanks for Barakin' the Vote Ya'll. See you in Disneyland Beeznatches!!!

No comments: