Tuesday, February 19, 2008
February Debauchery
As promised, here is my account of the weekend:
(I have included an abridged slideshow of the events, to see all pics click here)
Friday Night:
The Original Glamazon and her man Smiley came into town. She was looking forward to going to the 80's Dance Party at El Gato Negro. So I left my comfy barstool at the P-Rat to meet them. There was a LINE outside, which I normally don't wait in lines, but it's The OG so I decided to put my standards aside. Meanwhile, Motorcycle who feels the same way about lines is on his way to El Gato and he and I are simultaneoulsy texting about how vexed we are. Fifteen minutes later I get inside only for them to tell me that they were leaving because the party was sold out and the Bridge and Tunnelers were over crowding the place. Ugh.
Kansas City Red suggested we go to Bar Pilar, yeah cause that's gonna be different. We ended up getting a place to sit and drinks in a timely manner, so I finally calmed down. Motorcycle and Smiley finally met face to face and we all got to catch up and tell old T Street stories.
Saturday:
The big day. Blackjack's birthday party is tonight and The Boston Steamer is supposed to roll into town at 5:30pm. The Mexican and I go to PentaGhetto City because I decide I need a dress to wear to the party. I got nada, but we did go to Taco Bell so that didn't make the trip a complete waste of time.
FFWD 5:30pm: The Boston Steamer arrives and wants to go bar crawl on Chinablock. I can't meet them because I have to get ready for the party. I'll see them there then.
7:00pm The party starts and as people start to arrive and bring the suggested gift, unbeknownst to him, of a bottle of Jack. By the time the 3rd bottle arrived Blackjack got a little concerned and said "Am I that predictable?" I let him in on the secret. Boy was he relieved.
The party was great, The Dazzling Doctor Gourmet made a Red Velvet Cake, Sophia made delicious phyllo dough sausage concotions and Cat Lady brought some yummy sea bass ceviche.
Kansas City Red hired The Ugly Genius to be Bartender/Dealer. The boy makes a mean drink, but his dealer skills might just need a little work. I got distracted to another conversation, so I gave DJ Skittles my chips and he won me a nice piece of change.
Final tally of bottles was 14 this does not include the bottles already consumed, so let's give it an even 17.
4:00am Cabs don't come to Truxton Circle very often, so we finally lost steam and Motorcycle gave me, Biochem and The Ugly Genius a ride home. Need sleep. Have to wake up early for noon Brunch tomorrow.
Sunday:
We know what that means. Started Brunch at our new fave spot Vinoteca. The reservation was for noon, but with the previous night's evening some people got a slow start. I was the first to arrive. The first thing I see when I walk in the door is The Riggins' at the bar. They spent the night in Annapolis without the kids so they were in a Good Mood. Just what I need first thing in the morning.
Sometimes service can be a bit slow when it comes to drinks, so I got proactive and I ordered two bottles of champers and a small carafe of OJ for Make Your Own Mimosas!!!
After brunch, the next logical stop is Solly's for a little game of Buck Hunter. The District was home dealing with an angry G.I. Tract but he showed up long enough to say hi. Hellen Bed joined us for a fun filled afternoon.
An omelette can only sustain one for so long, so we took BoSox to Stoney's for a Grilled Cheeses Sammich. Stoney's opened the upstairs but no one was going up there, so Rockstar ShelleyShell offered to buy us shots if we go upstairs and keep her man company. None of us are going to turn down a free shot, whether we need it or not. And Trust, we did NOT need it. Sophia and Mile joined us as well as Dags and Mary Rice. This, my friends, is where chimneys started to fall. Casualties: BoSox, The Mexican, Kansas City Red and Blackjack.
We headed back to U Street to the P-Rat for a quick drink. Axis is right next door, so why not stop in for a quick one? This is right around the time someone 'stole' Rita Jean's Burberry scarf.
Soldiers left standing: Vergie, Rita Jean, Kitsy O'Reiley, BK DM, DJ Skittles, Sister Disco, Dags, Mary Rice, Pretty Boy Floyd and I think Hellen Bed (For those of you I missed, please forgive me, it gets fuzzy right about now).
MIA: 8-Mile
Well the bars are still open so why bother to go home now? Let's go full circle and head back to Solly's!! (Man, I'm stupid sometimes). Enter chimneys. Officer Wilson was there so Rita Jean tried to file a police report for his stolen $270 Burberry scarf. (Hold on, I have to stop laughing)
Wait, LMAO still!!
Now that I think about it some more ROTFL
Whew, that was a good one. My stomach hurts
The night is finally coming to an end. By end, I mean it's last call so there is no more booze to be had. Thank Heaven!! So we head to 7-11 and see the infamous Miss P. Rita and BK DM pour me into a cab and they head to some gawd awful carryout. What a great day.
It was great to see The Boston Steamers, The Original Glamazon and Smiley. I wish The District could have been there, although that might have meant someone was going to jail. Apparently, we collectively tried to kill BK DM. If The District had shown up, I'm pretty sure we would have succeeded.
Oh, Rita's scarf wasn't stolen, it was on his kitchen table. Found by The District this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment