Thursday, December 13, 2007

Movie Night



So, my two of dear friends are gracious enough to open their house up to all of us every second Wednesday of the month for movie night. Usually the person who has a birthday that month gets to choose the movie and the food theme. This time it was my namesake (Sister Disco) and because her and her beautiful twin sister's birthday is on the 28th of this month she got to choose the movie and the food theme. My girl wisely chose "Hustle and Flow" starring Terrance Howard and featuring music by the 3-6 Mafia. I am not entirely sure what the food theme was (chicken wings, stouffers macaroni and cheese, tater tots, etc.), but i do know that I tore up some veggie lasagne (pronounced la-SAG-knee) as soon as I walked in the door. Bob S made his famous Dump Cake, but since I am not a fan of cooked and canned fruits, I did not indulge. That, however, did not stop all of the rest of the folks in the house from tearing some shizz up!! I witnessed several people that I know very well devour a treat that can be fully made from the isles of 7-Eleven. (Bob, I love you with all my heart, but I really cannot get down with the canned goodness that you call the Dump Cake) .

I was about an hour late because I had to work, but my newly unemployed special friend was very helpful in filling me in on the details of the movie (Thank you Rosa Mexicana!!). Since she is a M.F.A, she was able to explain to me the logistics of the handsome destitute male attempting to build a life of fame through his skills on the mic by way of the talents of his sexually experienced female workforce. Whom however, was not very lucrative. One was pregnant with an anonymous John's child, so she was on sabbatical, and the other was a white 70 pound crack whore that liked to sport braids (I will reserve judgment on that point). Anyway, I'm sure you already saw the movie, if you haven't I highly recommend that you do.

I think everyone should have a movie night. It gives people the chance to get together, enjoy great food, good movies (most of the time) and an inappropriate laugh or two. Thank you DJ Skittles and Cat.

OK. I should stop stalling and start studying. It's hard out here for a pimp!


5 comments:

Vespa Jay said...

and now you have two more recently unemployed friends. Nice commentary Sister D. I did love the movie and now I know how to be a pimp. I wish you weren't slinging oysters tonight so you could help us mourn (or perhaps celebrate.)

BloodKillerDeathMan said...

I've heard of these so-called "movie nights" and believe them to be nothing more than drunken, wild orgies.

BoSox Siobhan said...

Do not hate on the dump cake. Seriously. That shit is the bomb.

Vespa Jay said...

i've been wanting to respond to this blog..........and i have to say, that my sister disco is the town crier this side of logan cirle.............and and as far as that dump cake goes, it was f'ing fab....more than anthony would been seen to eat off any girls body. sorry disco sister...................and where are you? we are still drinking at an undisclosed location.

Vespa Jay said...

PS...that last comment was from Rita Jean....he can't remember his password so he used mine....I could say more, but I have to focus on the GD special word thing so I can make sure VB knows it wasn't me making that WT comment.