Dear Cab Driver,
Why is it so hard for a sister to catch a cab? I gots money. I gots a J-O-B. And I live in a decent neighborhood. Even if I didn't, who cares? It is your job to take me where I need to go. If I am hailing you, don't slow down and ask "Where you going?" (cause that's against the law MutherEffer!). Don't worry about "Where I going", just pick me up and take me to where I need to go. IT'S YOUR JOB!!!!
I understand that you are on the hustle. I know you have to pay bills, don't we all? I know you have to pay the Taxi Cab Commission and I know you have to send money halfway across the world to take care of your family. That should be all the more reason for you to pick me up. You want money? Pick me up, you get money. I won't mention the fact that you drive me less than 6 blocks. If you do the math, that is $1.25 per block. You can take me to my destination and still make it back to the strip in time to pick up the group of drunk kids that you think will give you more cash to take them to the suburbs. Drive them across the bridge all the while crossing your fingers that they don't puke in your cab, not to mention some of them can't even tell you their address.
Please cab driver tell me why is it ok for YOU to pass ME up because A) you think I'm going to take you to the hood and 2) you assume I'm not going to tip? Not all of my people are trifling. I know you assume that we are ignorant, cheap and criminally minded. Leave the profiling to the police.
Sincerely,
Vergie
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
wow, you're a really good writer. Well said.
VB,
You need to forward that post to the D.C. Taxi Cab Commission!!! That is a sad but true story. I have seen you try to get a ride home late at nite only to be stuck at Cynthia's condo. Something needs to be done about our late nite transportation situation in this city. Maybe we should get Rita Jeans driver on retainer!!
Cynthia
preach it sister
I hate cab drivers with the passion of a fat kid eating cake.
Post a Comment