Monday, December 24, 2007

Travel Woes and Merry Homecoming

I finally made it to Galesburg, IL!! I say "finally" because there was a bit of travel drama, involving missed flight, delayed flights, canceled flights and a ride home with strangers and no shower for 2 days. It took me exactly 12-hours to get me to my destination, which is normally 5-hour travel time. I will highly compliment the wonderful customer service at United Airlines at National Airport and O'Hare; And I will bite my tongue about the inefficient way baggage and passengers are handled in event of a delayed flight. Instead, I will refer you Boston Steamer's post: Open Letter to TSA because I feel the exact same way. I hear ya BDK.

My arduous journey ended and the festivities began. I arrived home to a Christmas party full of my relatives and good friends. It was great to see them after such a long day and even better when they all cheered as I walked in the door. Good Times. Now that I have pulled myself together (luggage. check, meal at El Ranchirito, check. and a long hot shower, double check) I can relax for a couple of hours before I head out to the stores to get last minute gifts. Yay!!!

(No pic today, as I am not using my computer)

No comments: