
Forgive me right now but I am going to get a little sentimental. I know that this blog is brand new, and I promise that you will not see many postings like this...
Tonight was very interesting. I have two friends that either have lost their jobs or are about to lose their jobs. I have two other friends that are not having a good time at their job and I myself am trying to decide if I still like my job or not (I really like what I do, I just am not a fan of some of the decisions that are made. But that's another post).
My District friend had the unfortunate task of letting 45 people go today. He was very distraught and he handled it extremely well with the help of Grillfish, Pollys and Solly's. I also applaud his manfriend for letting him stay out til the wee hours of the morning to let out his stress.
Cynthia, he was a gentleman and a scholar all the way; until he had to take his shirt off and show his tattoo.
While all of this is happening, my pink haired friend is getting harrassed by some crazy bald man that is making her extremely uncomfortable. In turn, her very charismatic friend comes to her rescue and strongly "informs" the crazy bald man that he might want to direct his attentions elsewhere.
I then observe my unemployed friend and her man consoling each other about their bad days.
Finally, at the end of the night, I run into my girl 8 Mile. I didn't necessarily meet 8 Mile under the greatest conditions, and without saying much, I don't come out smelling like a rose in the end. Over the past few months me and this broad have had somewhat of a tenuous relationship. After several 'encounters' we agreed to disagree (for lack of a better term) and she ultimately invited me to her company Christmas party (where someone spilled red wine on my ivory Michael Kors jacket. (Again, that's another post). I was enthralled to receive the invitation and I was proud to be her 'date'. We ended up having great conversations, sharing lots of juicy gossip.
Here is where the sentimentality comes in...Many of my friends are going through very tough times career-wise in their lives and some of my friends are so beautiful that they have to put up with harrassment from crazy men. It warms my heart to know that (A) all of us are here for each other when the need arrives and (2) I can establish a friendship with a really cool person who can put the past behind her and Drop it like it's hot with a Sister. LYLAS 8 Mile

3 comments:
You big ole softie.
Did I take my shirt off in public again. Sheesh.
Aaaaww, i think the world of you friend.
Post a Comment