
So, I wasn't going to say anything about this; But... I ran into a 'friend' this weekend, who may or may not be labeled an undesirable.
Sometimes I have lapses in judgment and I think that people are more honest than they really are. I let my friend Thick as Thieves crash in my hobbit hole and the next day he invites me to hang out with him and his boy, Miami Don, later that afternoon to watch the Redskins (who lost horribly to the Seahawks) game at Hooters (a PG-13 stripclub with wings). Well, I'm supposed to meet him at 2pm but I am frantically searching for money that I am sure I had in my pocket the night before. I couldn't find the cash, but I assumed in my drunkeness, that I hid it from myself in one of those efforts to save money. Thankfully, I was wrong.
In a random conversation I tell Miami Don that I am missing some cash, and if he and Thick As Thieves go out later and if Thick pulls out some cash that is fives and ones that it's probably mine. Well check this out...
Fast forward ten minutes later when the check comes. Two things happen: A) Thick as Thieves claims he ate nothing (which, what he didn't eat he made up for in pitchers of beer and shots) and 2) Miami Don argues with him about paying half the $125 check. Thick as Thieves gets indignant and says "FINE!" he throws cash on the table like a High Roller at the Poker table in Vegas. Twenty dollars in cash. Oh but wait!! It's 3 fives and 5 ones!!!
Coincidence? I think not!!! Moral of the story is... I can't tell you the moral of the story because I'm so floored that someone would actually have the balls to steal from me, that I can't even come up with the words to explain how piss-ed off and offended I am.
Not telling this to get sympathy. It's just an occurrence in my life that I am actually supposed to learn from somehow. Oh, I know... Don't let drunk ass bastards in your house cause they will steal your money.
At least it makes for good stories though :)
PS and BTW: I'm not mad, I'm just a-fuc*%n'mazed

7 comments:
This should not be a temporary post - It isn't the first time this "friend" has taken advantage of people. I try very hard not to judge and even harder not to hate, but I have no problem avoiding people like this. It will now be even easier for me to ignore him and all his lies.
HOT DAMN...story is as amazing as the first couple times i heard it!
I too am floored to say the least. People are f*cking unbelievable. Keep your head up, Sister. You get to take the high road here...and leave the post up. I want more people to read it.
OOOOOHHHH!!!! This makes me mad!
p.s. I reserve the right to re-post "thief.jpg"
choo-choo
This doesn't surprise me one bit.
Post a Comment